Do you love the Remingtons? Want to read more about their world, or wish you could write your own novella set in the Remington world? Kindle Worlds offers you that chance, with legal guidelines of course. Read on…
Kindle World FAQ For Readers
What is Kindle Worlds?
Kindle Worlds is authorized fan fiction for sale. What this means is that I have contracted with Amazon to give other people–readers, fans, authors, anyone that would like to contribute, permission to write their own story in my Remington series “world.” They can use my setting, my characters (limited please be sure to read legal guidelines), and my Remington “world” to write their own story as long as they adhere to the guidelines set up for the Remington Kindle World. Fans can bring new characters into the world, and write about existing characters. There are all kinds of exciting ways for these worlds to grow!
Does Melissa Foster write these stories or have any input into them?
No. Melissa doesn’t write or get involved with the writing, publishing, covers, or any other aspect of the Kindle World stories, nor is she required to read Remington World stories. This is fan fiction for your reading pleasure and I’m super excited that they’re being written by people who love the Remingtons as much as I do!
Will the characters appear in the real Remington series or change the Remington’s current story lines?
No. The stories written in the Kindle World do not change the original Remington stories, characters, or world. Even if a fan writes a story that changes the original characters in that particular fan fiction story, that only effects that story, and not the original characters or series. Characters written into the fan fiction world will remain in the fan fiction world.
Why aren’t the Kindle World books available outside of the US or in print?
Kindle Worlds was created and is operated by Amazon. And I’m not sure why Amazon has chosen not to make them available yet outside of the US or in print.
Where can I find the Remington World fan fiction books?
Kindle World FAQ For Writers
Can I write my own story in the REMINGTON world? Do I have to be a published author already?
Yes, you can write you own story in the REMINGTON WORLD as long as you follow the Kindle World and Melissa Foster’s Kindle World Rules (see guidelines, below and on Amazon). You do not have to be a published author to submit a fan fiction story.
Can I earn money when I publish my story?
If your story sells, then you will make a royalty off of the sale as per Kindle World guidelines. Read the content guidelines carefully, as it’s important to note that you do not own the rights to any characters, stories, or settings published in the Kindle World–not even the ones you create.
How can I write in the Remington World?
Stories can be submitted here: Remington Kindle World
Can I write for Kindle Worlds if I’m located outside of the United States?
Authors interested in writing in the Kindle World that are located outside of the U.S. should contact Amazon Kindle Worlds directly for more information.
More information on writing in the REMINGTON Kindle World can be found on Amazon.
Amazon Kindle World Rules for Writers in the Remington World
The Remington World Content Guidelines:
- Respect the Rights of Others: We take violations of laws and proprietary rights very seriously. It is your responsibility to ensure that your content complies with all laws and does not violate the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other rights of any other person. The use of unlicensed third party intellectual property (including but not limited to characters, logos, or lyrics) is prohibited.
- Create High-Quality Works: An excellent customer reading experience is paramount to Kindle Worlds. Poorly formatted books and books with misleading titles, cover art, or product descriptions will not be published. We reserve the right to determine whether content provides a poor customer experience.
- Promote Your Creative Vision: Your writing and vision should be the focus in your Kindle Worlds fiction. Paid advertising or excessive use of brand names is prohibited.
- Cultivate One World at a Time: We don’t permit crossovers from other Worlds, meaning your work may not include elements of any copyright-protected book, movie, or other property outside of the elements of this World.
- Craft Romance with Intention: Sexual content is permitted, but we don’t accept pornography or offensive depictions of graphic sexual acts.
- Choose Your Words with Care: Offensive content is prohibited, including but not limited to racial slurs, excessively graphic or violent material, or excessive use of foul language.
- Design a Unique Cover and Pick an Original Title: Your Kindle Worlds story is not permitted to include a title or cover that is the same as or is misleadingly similar to any title or cover in this World’s canon.
- Mind the Time: Fan Authors may write only to the time period of the most current published Remington novel and not beyond.
- Focus in the Remingtons: Some of the characters appearing in cameos in The Remingtons works are not included in your license to write in this World. The characters that should never appear in your story are: the Bradens, the Snows, the Ryders and characters from the Seaside Summer series. As spouses of the Remingtons, Cash Ryder and Savannah Braden may appear as supporting characters in your story, but they should not appear as main characters. This guideline provides a limited exception (for the above characters only) to the license we grant to you in clause 3(a) of your Kindle Worlds Publishing Agreement.